18 April 2010

At Last!




After thinking that winter would never end, I have been proven wrong by the profusion of blooms everywhere I look, both here at Camp Topisaw and at Rose Gate Farm next door. I can't remember a spring that has been more beautiful in recent years. It seems that all the plants have burst into bloom almost at the same time. I'm grateful to be able to enjoy it. Edie and I went to a nearby nursery yesterday that had loads of very nice hosta plants for sale. We bought quite a lot that we plan to use to make a shade bed underneath a large, treelike Magnolia fuscata. Now I am waiting for summer tropicals to break dormancy and begin growing. I have seen some sprouts on the ginger plants, but nothing yet on the bananas. Perhaps in just a week or so more we will see them sprouting.

No comments: